Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The beginning...

I need to come clean about how this blog got started. I was reading another blog and wanted to respond and thought I had to have my own blog to do so. I can't imagine that anyone would really be interested in anything I have to say, but as I worshipped this morning I felt I needed to write some things down that I am 'wading through' as a testimony to why I wrote the things I did below my picture. If it encourages anyone who would ever visit this site so be it. To Him be the glory.

I have hit a road block in my spiritual life. This invades every part of me, as the Spirit has been given license to have every part of me. I have been dealing with a particular issue since I was about 8 and I can't shake it. I have done multiple bible studies by various people who have found victory in so many areas. I too have found victory. I set out to find victory in Subject A only to find victory in Subjects B, C, D.... Thank the Lord He knows what He is doing.

I have felt the Spirit whispering "fast" in my ear. I have fasted before, but I say, "Really? Are you sure?" So this morning I spent time in The Word and as I was researching fast, the Lord opened my eyes to so much more. I will list some of the scriptures here:

Deuteronomy 10:20
Listen to this passage
20 Fear the LORD your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name.

Deuteronomy 11:22
Listen to this passage
22 If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways and to hold fast to him-

Deuteronomy 13:4
Listen to this passage
4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20
Listen to this passage
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Psalm 119:28-32
Listen to this passage
28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
29 Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law.
30 I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.
31 I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame.
32 I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

It is so uncomfortable to be stretched. It can feel miserable to face the destruction that the world has to offer in relationships, health, personal wounds, circumstances, finances. I have truly found that when I am at my end that is when the LORD gets to begin. He just wants my surrender. He wants me to trust Him with all that I am. Everything I have experienced and read in His Word is that He truly is faithful and will be a gentleman with my emotions, heart, life... He has redeemed so much in my life! I will choose to hold fast to Him for this victory. I leave with this song. It may sound macabe, but I truly want this played/sang at my funeral because it is my life song.

It is sung by Darlene Zschech with Hillsong worship if it ministers to you.

I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust him at all times
He has delivered me from all fears
He has set my feet upon a rock

And I will not be moved
And I'll say to the Lord,
"You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer, my shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need"

Who have I in heaven but You?
There's none I desire beside You.

You have made me glad,
And I'll say to the Lord,
"You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer, my shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need"

Because I live in His undeserved grace from the time He conceived me in His mind for all eternity, I am a mark of His Mercy for Eternity....

2 comments:

BPG said...

Jina,
I saw your request for prayer at Beth Moore's site and just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and your family. I have found that the Lord puts even strangers on my heart sometimes and when I pray for them, it ends up that the Holy Spirit was interceding because I don't know what to pray for but usually the prayers are right on target. Let that be an encouragement to you...He is listening and knows your heart and right where you are and He is working a way for you that will be beautiful to behold and will ultimately bring Him glory. Keep "holding fast"!
In Him, Bpg

twinkle said...

I've been through times that my only hope was facedown before my God. Those moments are some of my most precious times in my life. God doesn't allow suffering just to watch you cry. He is refining you. For a purpose He desires to use you for. Beth Moore has been refined and so many other women of faith. In the end...Jesus is all they need. Cling to Him and wait on your blessing to come. It surely will come.